
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Thankful for these two...
Let me just start by saying how much I am in love with these two in the first picture... of course I love the dogs in the other pictures but not as much as my husband and baby. My baby is almost 1 and I am just so shocked how fast a year has gone. She has brought so much joy to our lives. No matter what is going on around me, she brings a smile to my face immediately. I now know what its like to love someone so much that it hurts. I love her so much and and it hurts to think about her ever being sick, hurt, lonely, sad, etc. I will do my best to protect my lil one but know, as my mother does, that its going to happen. I have struggled with this the past week or so leading up to her first birthday. I have had things in my life that have hurt and made me sad and my mother had no control over them. She protected me as much and as best as she could I know but it just happens. And I pray that when it happens to my sweet baby that she will know me and her Daddy are always here but most importantly turn to God. He has given me strength and comfort in situations that I never thought I could make it through. I hope to raise her to know the love God has for her. "When my world is shaking, heaven stands. When my heart is breaking, I never leave your hands... I know you hate to see me cry, one day you will set all things right... Your hands that shaped the world are holding me..." These are some lyrics that I have found comfort in lately. If you scroll down after this post, you will see a youtube video of the actual song. And as for my husband... I come to tears just thinking about him right now. He is an amazing husband, father, and friend. What would I do without this man?! He too has shown me what its like to love someone so much that it hurts. Sometimes I don't think he knows how to handle the emotional side of me... which has been alot lately with Callie turning 1 and other things going on. But he loves me and I know that... there is no question about it. He loves me for everything... all of my goodness, all of my flaws, all of my craziness, all of me. I am so thankful God brought us together. We have something special. He's amazing. period. I love you Mike. And I will love you forever when we get old and gray. And when we get not so attractive with age, I will love you more. I will always take care of you. You have given me the most amazing thing in the world, our baby girl. Can you believe she is almost 1? Enjoy our pictures. Callie took a dip in her baby pool for the first time the other day. The pups just looked on. Harley drank the water... surprise, the dog will drink or eat anything... just look at her, she's 108lbs. Yep, she's lost some weight but still a big girl. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 comment:
I love the Matwijec family! You guys are amazing. Happy (almost) 1st Birthday, Callie! Your Birmingham family LOVES you!
Post a Comment