Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Blog Buffet... a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

So, this blog is random but I definitely wanted to post a follow up to my last blog about my niece trying out for cheerleading. She made it!!! Go Madeline! I would like to think I helped her out tremendously but she knew her stuff before I got to help her. I knew she would do great. She showed me all of her tryout material and it was really good! I am so excited for her. My back is feeling much better!

My foot, however, is not! I dropped a large vase on it today at work. I only work 1 day a week right now at Pier 1... where I have worked forever! I love everyone there and I can't imagine not seeing their sweet faces at least once a week. But, I got an interview!!! I applied at Metro Health to be a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor. I interview next week so I will know more about the position then but basically I will be helping mothers and babies breastfeed. I will encourage and support them with all of their breastfeeding needs and believe me, there are many needs. Some women have it easy... just hook that baby up to the teet and off they go and its a piece of cake! Some women... like me, have every problem you could ever imagine. I had a really great support system and was able to make it 8 months breastfeeding. So, I can't wait to use my knowledge to help new or old mommies make breastfeeding work (hoping I get the job.) I kinda thought after I, myself, had to go see a lactation nurse that I might want to do that when I finish my RN. Maybe this opportunity will give me a kick in the butt to finish school. I am nervous to find out what the hours will be. I dropped Callie of at my moms today, which I do every Thursday when I go to work not even for a full 8 hours, and she started crying when I left her. I can't do that more than one day a week... gulp! It breaks my heart! Shout out to all you working moms out there that have to do it every day! It would kill me! So, I am hoping I could get evening shifts part time. That would be ideal. Mike could watch her at night while I work. I would love to do night shifts (which is over night) a few days a week but Mike won't let me cause he says I will be mean to him cause I will be so tired all the time. Okay, he is right. I am not the happiest person when I am tired... more like a tired screaming teething baby would describe me better. If the hours are day then hopefully we can work something out with Grandma or maybe find a really good day care (I just got a sick feeling in my stomach). Its not that I am opposed to daycare because I know they will most likely take care of my baby just fine... its more me. I would just worry all the time. And Callie is used to getting my undivided attention so then she would have to share attention with other kids which might not be a bad thing. Now I am rambling... anyhoo wish me luck on the interview!

Let's Go Predators! Game 4 of playoffs against Chicago is tonight. Of course my crazy Preds fan of a hubby is at the game. He went with Grandpa, Paw Paw, and Uncle Jay on Tues night and they won! Hopefully they will get a win tonight making them 3-1 over Chicago!



No comments: