Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hope

I have posted like crazy the past few days but it seems like we have had a three day Easter celebration which is amazing because it really does deserve the most celebration out of any holiday! I entitled this blog "Hope" Mike and I started our day out with church which is amazing... I wish we could start each day going to church together! I am so thankful for my life and it is all because of the sacrifice Jesus made for ME! A part of Pastor Jay's sermon today consisted of one woman's testimony. She had made this cardboard sign that had four words on one side... Mentally-ill, abused, drunk, and lost. And on the other side... hopeful, saved, etc. Everyone has a story. But no matter the story and no matter the sin... God forgives and accepts us and loves us no matter what. So I am extremely thankful on this day that Jesus died for my sins. In death, there is hope!!! I have been washed clean and given another chance to live the life God has planned for me. I am so excited to see what else is in store. I once had a plan for my own life and nothing turned out the way I planned... its much much better! Which leads me to another part of Pastor Jay's sermon. He quoted one of his favorite bible verses which also happens to be one of mine. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I love this verse and always have but it really really meant something to me when I was pregnant with Calle. I was so excited to bring this sweet baby into the world, but so fearful of the hurt she might experience or the pain she might go through or one day her heart might get broken. Was I going to be the best mommy ever? Were Mike and I going to be able to provide for her? And one day I was shopping (yeah big surprise) and I found this blanket that had this bible verse on it. It was Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you..." I found comfort in that because I know God had a plan for my sweet Callie and I needed to have faith in that. So I bought the blanket (yeah big surprise! ha) It seems like this verse has so much meaning in my life and other's lives around me right now. I have friends and family that have experienced loss, overcome illness, have babies on the way, etc. I know God has plans for them and its not to harm them and its to give them a future. So, on this beautiful Easter evening (which happens to be Callie's 11 month) I am feeling hope! Here are a few pictures from today. We went to Nana and Paw Paw's for lunch and then to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. We have such amazing family!



















Grandma and Callie!






















walking with Uncle Nathan!











No comments: