I've posted this recipe before I think but I will go ahead and repost it because several people have ask for the recipe lately. I made it two times this week! I actually got this recipe from my sister, Ang. She said she got it from Southern Living like 13 years ago. I looked on their website and they have it but it's slightly different and doesn't sound as yummy even though I am sure its good. This version is the best!
Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons minced green onion
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon dried basil (I usually just leave this out)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
2 oz. diced pimento drained
8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz. package cream cheese
you can also use mozzarella cheese in the mix too but I usually just use cheddar and cream cheese
Combine all the ingredients except the cheeses. Cut cheese length wise and cross wise. Arrange cheese in dish. Pour marinade over cheese and chill at least 8 hours. Sometimes, I make it the night before. Also, if you want to make it prettier before serving, transfer cheese to a decorative serving tray and pour a little of the marinade over the cheese. I hate transferring the cheese so I usually just scoop out some of the marinade before serving. Serve with Toasted's Party crackers or any box of crackers you choose.
The pyrex dish works much better than this tin disposable dish. My cheese slid around everywhere in the aluminum dish on the way to a party this weekend. It's too flimsy in my opinion but I wanted something that could be thrown away since we were leaving the party early and I didn't want the host to worry about getting my pyrex dish back to me.




No comments:
Post a Comment