Mike got off work a little early today so we headed do downtown Franklin to check out the Food Truck Fight. I am not sure if it's every Thursday night that they have it or just certain ones. I've been wanting to go mainly to try the Grilled Cheeserie truck because I love grilled cheese sandwiches and I have heard they make amazing ones! I will say they were good and they did have some neat twists on the average cheese and bread but they didn't even come close to Mom's grilled cheese sandwiches. She taught me how to cook them over the years and I think I've pretty much come close to hers. I make it the same exact way but just don't have that special touch. Grilled cheese was/is my comfort food. She always made them when I came home from college, Colorado, or just when I came over with the kids and looked like I needed one. She could always tell. She'd just ask "Do you want a grilled cheese?" She could read my mind! Maybe I will walk you through Mom's grilled cheese sandwich on a blog someday or maybe I will just keep it a secret. But it's pretty much bread, velveeta, a lot of butter, and a lot of love. The kids had a great time playing. The kid zone was a little lame. I was picturing bounce houses galore but it was some hula hoops, bags, and some sidewalk chalk. But, Cal and Coop just loved running around and being outside. Callie's favorite was the music and of course the Retro Sno. She always dances if theres loud music wherever we go. I love it. She doesn't care who's watching or how she looks. She just has the best time. I think it's hilarious and sweet. Here are some pictures from our night. Be sure to watch the video at the end of her dancing. My favorite part is around 30 seconds in.
















2 comments:
HAHA, Callie's dance moves are amazing! I love when she stops and throws her hands up and then busts out more jumping jack moves. She is a doll. Love you guys and wish we could have joined you!
We've been wanting to go to this (we have a food truck obsession) and have yet to make it! Boo--looks SO fun! Callie has some serious moves!!
Post a Comment