Me and baby boy are officially 21 weeks today. Everything has been going pretty smooth except some early contractions. I started having them around this time with Cooper too. The Dr says I am good. It's not progressing anything so just gotta stay hydrated and do a few suggested things such as take a bath to make them go away. As long as they aren't regular, painful, or progressing anything than I am ok. Just more annoying than anything. I think around week 30 with Cooper, I did end up getting a shot to stop contractions but hopefully it won't come to that with this lil one. That was a shot from hell. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack because it makes your heart race and you get all jittery.
We woke up Saturday morning and got the kids ready to go to Callie's gymnastics. Super dad took them both and I went to get my hair colored and cut. Just something about turning 31, being pregnant with #3, and looking at minivans that made me wanna go lighter with my color. Ha! Thanks Dana, I feel like a new woman! I was still getting my hair done after gymnastics was over so Mike took the kids to visit Nana. They each took a pumpkin to leave for her since she loooooved pumpkins, especially like 20 on her porch at a time during the fall! I thought it was so sweet of Mike to take pictures so I could see them. Cooper left his for Nana but Callie just couldn't part with her pumpkin even though we promised going to get another one for her. That's ok sweet Callie. Nana would've told you to take it back home with you. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures he sent me.
Here I am taking a classy bathroom belly pic in the mirror. This was Saturday after my hair so almost 21 weeks here. I will have to post pics to compare each pregnancy around this time. It's neat to look back at those. Not sure if you can tell my hair is a lot lighter here. I don't think its been this light since my UK cheer days!
After we got Cooper down for a nap, Mema came over so we could go look at a few more cars. We were really just getting out to see what was out there and compare the different minivans. Also, I wanted to try really hard to find an SUV with 3 rows that would work for us. Something about making the minivan jump just made me feel so old and uncool. Haha, Ang, Jill, and Jordan! I really wanted to like the GMC acadia, Ford Expedition, Chevy Traverse, etc. Actually I did, but they just didn't have it all. The automatic doors and amount of storage space in the minivan sold it. It just made more sense with 3 little kids to go with the minivan. So, we compared some models and decided the Volkswagen Routan was our favorite. We were a little hesitant to go with another VW since my lil beetle convertible gave us a run for our money. But let's be honest, I drove that thing into the ground and we lived up a mountain in Colorado. Our fab saleswoman (Ask for Sona at VW Cool Springs if anyone is thinking about at VW) did say that VW had lots of electrical issues from 02-06 but they've made a lot of improvements so we'll see. But the interior of the Routan, a basically new 2012 model, and the price made our decision. It was what we wanted. Leather and DVD were a must for us if we were gonna make the minivan jump. The dealership only had this one in stock. We really weren't expecting to buy a van just yet but we got a great deal and we love it. The first pic we are waiting on our 4 Runner to be appraised and texting my brother in law Jay about the car. He used to work for VW. Callie was super sad to say goodbye to the Runner. She even had a major meltdown when we got home. But after a few cruises around town, she loves the van!
Our first stop with the new mini... Sonic. I got out and took some pics like a major dork. I am sure the young kids hanging out at Sonic were like "um your car sucks" Ha! Here she is. Mike says we gotta drive this until Callie turns 16!
What's sexier than a dad driving a minivan and ordering Sonic on a Saturday night??
I was so excited about our new mini that I insisted on going to Krispy Kreme first thing Sunday morning just so we could drive it. Oh and I wanted a donut. It was Cooper's first ride in the van and he loves it. He didn't want to get out of the car. The DVD was his favorite part. I am seriously thinking of errands to run today just because I want to drive it. I love it! I am "living the minivan dream!"













2 comments:
Love this!! I can't imagine driving anything else now that we have it! It is SO easy!!
You crack me up! I love the van, it's pretty sleek:) You are a hot momma! I also love that you drove it to Sonic and Krispy Kreme first, and now I am dying for both.
Post a Comment