For Christmas, Grandma gave us this little calender that has a saying or bible verse for each day. It's called the Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian. I love reading them each day. The sayings or bible verses mainly have to do with our children. For example, this was yesterdays Feb 24th...
"We can't be everywhere. But God can. We can't see everything. But God can. We can't know everything. But God can. No matter what age our children are, releasing them into God's hands is a sign of our faith and trust in Him and is the first step toward making a difference in their lives. Prayer for our children begins there."
I love that one because Mike and I have had numerous talks about how we will raise our children and we have come to the conclusion that all we can really do is parent from our knees. We hope we will be able to do this throughout our childrens' lives. In any situation no matter how much we would like to scream at them, we will get our answers in prayer on how to parent them best. I love that Mike and I have these conversations.
Today's bible verse, however, spoke to me particularly. Funny how you come across something that gives you some unexpected comfort that you desperately needed. So here it is...
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." -Isaiah 43:2
That's all for now. Next post will be some more fun pics of Callie!
No comments:
Post a Comment