Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big Bath, Nursery, and Marinated Cheese... random collection of photos

I am sort of doing like 3 posts in 1. I feel like I always want to blog about stuff but am too tired or Miss Priss is being a handful, etc. So, when I actually get the chance to sit down and blog I have alot to share. This one is really random... here it goes!





This is Callie in the big bath. She is outgrowing her baby bath tub and really wants to move around and splash in it so I figured tonight (during Mommy and Callie time while Daddy is at Poker night with the boys) we would try out the big bath! I put a towel down on the bottom of the tub so it wouldn't be as hard to sit on and so she wouldn't slip. She loved it! She wasn't so sure about the water coming out of the faucet at first but soon forgot about it and played with her bath toys. She splashed and splashed and I didn't get soaked and the floor didn't either. I think the baby bath tub is history!






Ok on to the nursery pics. I never posted any pictures of Callie's room since it was all done. And since I had Supper Club (next random picture) last night, her room was clean so I took some pictures. I still love her theme. And I love the puppy dog painting that Jordan's mom painted for us. http://www.kendallboggsfineart.blogspot.com/



this is her little play corner with her own little chair that Aunt Hillary got her! You can't really see but in the background of the painting, she wrote little sayings like, do your best, never give up, say please and thank you, etc we love to talk about the puppy while diaper changing we just lowered the crib because she is crawling and pulling up on everything now!

And for my final random pic... Marinated Cheese! Every month my girlfriends and I get together for Supper Club. We rotate houses and last night it was my turn. I made marinated cheese (give a shout out to my sis, Ang, who gave me the recipe), fruit, salad, and chicken tetrazinni (from the Puffy Muffin cookbook). And for dessert we had some little petite fours that publix made... yeah didn't feel like making dessert myself. I served Arrington Vineyard wine (Stags White and Red Fox Red). I wanted to support my local winery that is seriously closer to our house than a Publix. I think everything turned out great and we always have a good time when we get together. Here is the recipe for the ever so popular marinated cheese...


1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup white wine vinegar

3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

3 tablespoons minced green onion

1 teaspoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

3 cloves garlic minced

2 0z. diced pimento drained

8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese or mozzarella


Combine all ingredients. Cut cheese length wise and cross wise. Pour marinate over cheese and chill at least 8 hrs.


when ready to serve pour some marinate out of dish or transfer cheese to another platter and drizzle marinate over cheese


Serve with crackers... I always use the Toasteds. They have a party box with like three different kinds of crackers in it.


Here is what is will look like. I should have taken a picture before we started eating it. This is what was left so the presentation is a little more messy than when first served.




And if you are wanting a good Chicken Tetrazinni recipe, this one is good... if you like cheese. I love Puffy Muffin so my mom suggested making the chicken tetrazinni. She made it and it was delicious so I decided to make it for Supper Club.


12 oz. spaghetti

1 tablespoon veg. oil

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 tablespoon butter

1/4 cup onions, chopped

2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

2 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced

2 cans of cream of mushroom soup

1 cup chicken broth

3 cups velveeta cheese, shredded

4 cups chicken, cooked and diced


In boiling water, cook the spaghetti adding oil and salt until al dente. Drain well.


In a large sauce pan, melt the butter and add the onions, parsley, bell pepper, soup, broth, salt, 1/2 cup of cheese. Add the spaghetti and chicken. Stir well. Transfer the mixture to a pyrex dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes.










3 comments:

kendall Boggs said...

thanks for the shout out Jen!!! Love the nursery!

Jillian said...

way to be a blogger!!! i wish i could come to supper club :( marinated cheese sounds SO good. you're an awesome cook and an awesome mommy! just don't put mayo in the pasta ;)

Allison said...

the dinner was fabulous! thanks again for hosting. love callie's pic in the tub!