Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Card Photo Shoot...

We decided not to do professional family photos this fall since we will probably get them when baby 3 arrives.  We used the fall photo for the Christmas card last year and I loved it!  I thought I could get a cute shot of the kids myself in their cute Christmas pjs by the tree.  I knew it was going to be a challenge to get these two smiling and looking at the camera but I didn't know I'd have to take like 100 shots over two days.  Ha!  I am so not a photographer of little kids unless they are still which is never.  I took photography in high school and in college and developed my pictures old school style in a dark room and loooooved it!  I loved being in the dark room and I prefer the old school camera over digital any day.  But I just don't have time for that anymore and I now realize that I prefer still subjects ;)  It was stressful for Mike and I at the time to get these two to sit by the tree and smile but looking back at these photos makes me laugh.  They're hilarious!  They really show their personality.  Cooper couldn't stand the photo shoot.  Callie would randomly pose.  We bribed them with fruit snacks so half of the shots, their mouths are full.  We played with our shatterproof Christmas ornaments which turned into throwing them back and forth with Daddy.  I tried to pick out some of the best out takes but warning... there's a lot!  Hope you enjoy the Matwijec Family Christmas card photo shoot!  We did get a really cute shot that will be used for the card but I didn't post that one ;)

















Taking a quick break...














This lil guy would not be still!






This next one is one of my faves!  Haha!


2 comments:

Eric and Jordan Elkins said...

Stop!! This is hilarious!!!

Courtney said...

Oh hilarious! I love their pj's, can't wait to see your card;) Christian dreads the Christmas card photo shoot ALL year long, he's traumatized by it--I went easy on him this year and just did the kids!