Wow, 2011 is already over. I am even too exhausted to type about it. Ha! Here is a brief overview. It was filled with joys and heartache. My baby boy was born 5.5 weeks early. Two days later, I needed a blood transfusion (on Valentines Day I might add!) because I suffered a hemorrage after childbirth. He only spent 9 days in the NICU. He fought his hardest to make it into our arms. Mike is convinced he is an angel. I agree. He was originally due around March 22nd. The Lord knew we needed him here sooner. He knew it was the calm before the storm before my whole life would change. He knew my mom needed to be with me in the delivery room. He knew we needed this joy in the midst of chaos. Mom was diagnosed with stage IV gastric cancer March 4th. It went from the most incredible joy you could ever imagine to the most horrible heartache you could ever feel. My Lord, Mike, Callie, and Cooper have been my strength. Grandma and Grandpa, all my friends and everyone who helped out with my sweet kids this year so I could be at Dr appts, treatments, or just spend time with mom... Thank You! I could be with my Mom and not worry about my kids being taken care of. I am so thankful for all of the prayers for me and my family. There are times where I literally have this deep heartache, anxiety, choking feeling in the back of my throat trying to hold back tears. Mom, I am speechless. I see how you fight. I see how you love. I see your courage. I see your strength. I see your beauty. I see the love you have for the Lord. I see your faith in Him. You are amazing and such an inspiration. 2011 has taught be a lot about life... There are angels on earth. Slow down. Cherish moments with loved ones. Fight. Love. Take care of yourself. Pray. Listen. Let go of anger. And most importantly that God is good all the time. I have hopes for 2012... Miracles. Cure for cancer. Healing. Getting settled in our new house. Celebrating my sister Julie and Terry getting married. Loving my Mike, Callie, Cooper like there's no tomorrow. Writing. Spreading the word of God. Talking to my kids about Jesus. Praying together as a family. I'm ready. Here's a song by an artist I adore. Love the lyrics so I wanted to share. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment