Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Santa comes to Raintree!

Santa came to Raintree Forest (Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood) again this year. It's so sweet the neighborhood invites Santa every year. The kids have so much fun! Callie and Cooper had fun making crafts with Grandma, playing with Uncle Nathan and Daddy, dodging Mommy obsessively taking pics (ha), and seeing Santa! Well Coop didn't actually enjoy the Santa part. Maybe next year! Mike and I both remembered a family that was there last year, a mom and dad and two little girls. I remember the feeling I had when I walked in and saw the little girls' mother last year. It hit home. She was wearing a hat and you could tell she was going through chemo. She had a beautiful family and I was so sad they were having to go through this. She was beautiful and you could see the joy watching her girls with Santa. Before we went this year, I was wondering if they'd be there and I said a little prayer hoping that I'd see them and that their Mom would be there celebrating, happy, and healthy. I don't think I could handle seeing them there without her. My heart. We walked in and I didn't see them. After the festivities started, a family walked in and it was them, the whole family! I could've cried. The mother had hair and looked healthy and beautiful. I never talked to them. I do remember their last name from the kids' name tags. And I have a beautiful picture in my head of what they look like. I will continue to pray for this family that they will spend many more holidays together as a family and that the mother is cured and cancer stays away forever.

































1 comment:

Courtney said...

Laughing so hard at the look Cooper is giving Santa!