Friday, October 8, 2010

Shrimp Festival 2010

Here we are at the Shrimp Festival in Orange Beach, AL. We are staying at Nana and Paw Paw's condo. I am sorry we have been MIA in the blog world lately but Mike has been traveling alot with work and if he is not traveling, he is working late at home. So, I don't get much computer time. I am thinking another computer and wireless internet is in our future.... maybe. We have also been busy getting our house ready to sell (as you can see from the last post, it is officially on the market thanks to our fabulous real estate agent Nathan Matwijec.) Ideally, we would love to sell this house and our other house in Colorado by or close to baby #2's arrival and be moved into another house closer into town because we.live.in.the.boonies. Don't get me wrong, we are so fortunate to have a roof over our heads and we live in a beautiful area of rural (very rural) TN. Last Sunday we rushed to get ready and get out the door and drive forever away (cause thats how far we live) to church. We decided we would put Callie in the church nursery for the first time so that we could both listen to the entire sermon. This was totally a God thing, but the message for the day was "Enough." We are all just trying to keep up and have this and that and live in that perfect home we dream of. Hmmm, I definitely needed to hear this as much as I hate to admit. We had looked at a brand new model home in the most perfect location with the most perfect floor plan that was zoned for the perfect schools and it was in our price range (well a little over but the way I looked at it was worth it.) Anyways, I needed to hear this sermon that day. We are so lucky and so blessed to have what we have. And according to a statistic that was read in church, we are part of the wealthiest 1% of people in the world (if you make $50,000+) Our house IS enough. So as much as I am so anxious to move closer to civilization, I am trying to look at our next home buying experience a little different. Okay, enough about enough. Callie is growing finally! Well, her hair at least. We can't keep it out of her eyes! She wont wear a bow! She has such a cute personality. I just love her little voice. She is trying to say so many things. I really need to stop saying "shit" however. She hasn't said it yet but we need to sensor more. Mike and I find out what Callies baby sybling is on Oct 20th! Its so soon! I am feeling great so far. I am having some braxton hicks contractions but nothing to worry about. I really have a feeling this lil one is a girl too but who knows! Guess we will know soon! Mike and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary! Its been amazing. He is so dedicated to me and lil Callie and his job and I could go on and on about how much we love him!!! I feel like so much has happened since my last blog. I am probably forgetting alot. We had a blast at the Matwijec family trip this summer. It was great to see everyone. Our beautiful niece Emory was born. Congrats Matt and Mac. Grandpa is cycling like crazy... like 100 miles at a time crazy! Go Grandpa! I know Callie looooves spending time with her Grandma and Grandpa and Nana and Paw Paw. Shout out to Paw Paw too for running every morning! She even got to spend a week with her Poppy last week. My dad came to stay with us while Mimi went to TX. We had a great time and miss Poppy already! Callie has started gymnastics. She did great at her first class. Here are some photos from the first day of our vacation down here at Orange Beach, AL. Callie loooooves strawberries and watermelon so you can see her eating her favorite snacks below. She's just hilarious these days.

















































































































































































































No comments: